The 2016 Ford Escape, recognized for its fuel efficiency, superior handling, and longevity, calls for regular oil changes to keep its performance at its peak. This in-depth guide offers valuable insights on how to successfully carry out a
The Importance of Regular Oil Changes for Your 2016 Ford Escape
The 2016 Ford Escape, like any vehicle, relies heavily on oil. It serves as the engine’s lubricant, reducing friction among its components, cooling down the engine by dissipating heat, and cleaning harmful particles and sludge. Frequent oil changes ensure efficient engine operation, enhanced fuel efficiency, and an extended vehicle lifespan.
Identifying the Correct Tools and Supplies for Your 2016 Ford Escape Oil Change
Prior to initiating the oil change, it’s crucial to have all necessary tools and supplies at hand. These include:
- Engine oil: The 2016 Ford Escape uses 5W-20 oil. Synthetic oil is preferred due to its exceptional lubricating properties and durability.
- Oil filter: Replace the oil filter during each oil change to guarantee optimal engine functionality.
- Socket wrench set: A 15mm socket is usually needed to unscrew the oil drain plug.
- Oil filter wrench: This tool aids in removing the old oil filter.
- Oil drain pan: This receptacle captures the old oil during drainage.
- Funnel: A funnel helps avoid spills when adding new oil.
- Jack stands or ramps: These tools lift the vehicle for easy access to the undercarriage.
Detailed Instructions for
2016 Ford Escape Oil Change
Follow this detailed guide to successfully change your 2016 Ford Escape’s oil:
Vehicular Preparation: Position your vehicle on a flat surface. Use jack stands or ramps for safe elevation. Ensure the engine is cool to prevent burns from hot oil.
Old Oil Drainage: Wear gloves and place the oil drain pan under the drain plug. Use a 15mm socket wrench to loosen the drain plug, allowing the old oil to drain out.
Oil Filter Replacement: Unscrew the old filter using an oil filter wrench. Before installing the new one, smear a bit of new oil on the gasket for a secure seal. Hand-tighten the new filter.
New Oil Addition: After drainage, refit and tighten the drain plug. Position your funnel over the oil filler cap on the engine’s top, then pour in the new oil.
Oil Level Verification: Start your vehicle and let it run for a few minutes. Switch off your car, then verify the oil level using the dipstick. Add more oil if required.
For more detailed guidance on maintaining your vehicle, visit our top 7 tips for selecting reliable car repair companies guide.
Additional Maintenance for Your 2016 Ford Escape
Besides regular oil changes, maintaining your 2016 Ford Escape in excellent condition also involves checking tire pressure, replacing air filters, inspecting brakes, and scheduling regular tune-ups.